I wish you a happy and successful 2014!
A few news you may find useful:
1) Starting January 7th, the CES takes place in Las Vegas. I would be glad to welcome you at our (large!) Suite number 34-204 at the Venetian. We exhibit with our friends from Venture speakers. Those speakers are simply incredible and do our electronics full justice.
We will have on show: The MEDUS DAC, the MAN301 Network Player equipped with the upcoming software, the DAC202DSD DAC (i.e. the version with the USB/DSD interface), the INT203 and INT204 interfaces and finally the latest addition, the PSU101 low noise power supply.
2) The MEDUS is the successor of the MEDEA+ D/A Converter. MEDUS uses the same electronics as MEDEA+ but sports the following extensions:
- USB/DSD Interface (allows to play back DSD files from the computer). See the INT204 below.
- IR Remote Control for level, input source, polarity, oversampling filter etc.
- Display for all parameters including level, sampling frequency and wordlength
- Mu-metal shielded mains transformer
See the brochure here: http://www.weiss-highend.ch/medus/documents/medus-en.pdf
And the manual here: http://www.weiss-highend.ch/medus/documents/medus-manual.pdf
3) The INT204 Interface, an AES/EBU and S/PDIF Interface with USB input. Allows to connect any computer to your D/A Converter. In addition the INT204 can convert DSD files to PCM, enabling any D/A Converter to play back DSD files. DSD files can originate from an Internet download or from ripped SACDs.
See the brochure here: http://www.weiss-highend.ch/int204/documents/int204-en.pdf
And the manual here: http://www.weiss-highend.ch/int204/documents/INT204_manual.pdf
4) The INT204 Interface mentioned above can be built into any of our D/A Converters, namely the DAC202, DAC2, Minerva, Medea, Medea+, DAC1-MK2, DAC1-MK3. Existing units can be upgraded.
5) The PSU101 is the latest addition to our line. It is an analog power supply which replaces those standard wall type power supplies. It is very low noise with a discrete voltage regulator for high speed line and load regulation. The output voltage can be set to 6V, 7.5V, 9V or 12V. The output current may be up to 0.5A. Pricing is not yet set.
6) The My-hiend site in China awarded the MAN301 with a 2013 Best Value Award! Read about it on page 23 (in Chinese):
7) The MAN301 version 1.2.0 software will be out soon. Sorry for the long wait. We included many enhancements, like e.g. the metadata editor which now finds already ripped CDs on Gracenote and thus allows to easily enhance and complete the tags.
@Riki: con il Medus butteresti nel ciess il tuo mitico volume