Hi-End Member
    Hi-End Member

Numero di messaggi : 27201

Avviso x i Weiss fans Empty Avviso x i Weiss fans

Messaggio Da pluto Dom Gen 05 2014, 11:13

Dear Weiss customer

I wish you a happy and successful 2014!

A few news you may find useful:

1) Starting January 7th, the CES takes place in Las Vegas. I would be glad to welcome you at our (large!) Suite number 34-204 at the Venetian. We exhibit with our friends from Venture speakers. Those speakers are simply incredible and do our electronics full justice.
    We will have on show: The MEDUS DAC, the MAN301 Network Player equipped with the upcoming software, the DAC202DSD DAC (i.e. the version with the USB/DSD interface), the INT203 and INT204 interfaces and finally the latest addition, the PSU101 low noise power supply.

2) The MEDUS is the successor of the MEDEA+ D/A Converter. MEDUS uses the same electronics as MEDEA+ but sports the following extensions:

- USB/DSD Interface (allows to play back DSD files from the computer). See the INT204 below.
    - IR Remote Control for level, input source, polarity, oversampling filter etc.
    - Display for all parameters including level, sampling frequency and wordlength
    - Mu-metal shielded mains transformer

See the brochure here: http://www.weiss-highend.ch/medus/documents/medus-en.pdf
    And the manual here: http://www.weiss-highend.ch/medus/documents/medus-manual.pdf

3) The INT204 Interface, an AES/EBU and S/PDIF Interface with USB input. Allows to connect any computer to your D/A Converter. In addition the INT204 can convert DSD files to PCM, enabling any D/A Converter to play back DSD files. DSD files can originate from an Internet download or from ripped SACDs.

See the brochure here: http://www.weiss-highend.ch/int204/documents/int204-en.pdf
    And the manual here: http://www.weiss-highend.ch/int204/documents/INT204_manual.pdf

4) The INT204 Interface mentioned above can be built into any of our D/A Converters, namely the DAC202, DAC2, Minerva, Medea, Medea+, DAC1-MK2, DAC1-MK3. Existing units can be upgraded.

5) The PSU101 is the latest addition to our line. It is an analog power supply which replaces those standard wall type power supplies. It is very low noise with a discrete voltage regulator for high speed line and load regulation. The output voltage can be set to 6V, 7.5V, 9V or 12V. The output current may be up to 0.5A. Pricing is not yet set.

6) The My-hiend site in China awarded the MAN301 with a 2013 Best Value Award! Read about it on page 23 (in Chinese):
    http://www.my-hiend.com/magazine/MH_007.pdf

7) The MAN301 version 1.2.0 software will be out soon. Sorry for the long wait. We included many enhancements, like e.g. the metadata editor which now finds already ripped CDs on Gracenote and thus allows to easily enhance and complete the tags.

Best Regards,
    Daniel Weiss

@Riki: con il Medus butteresti nel ciess il tuo mitico volume  Laughing 

colombo riccardo
    colombo riccardo
    Archivista Liquidatore

Numero di messaggi : 4822

Avviso x i Weiss fans Empty Re: Avviso x i Weiss fans

Messaggio Da colombo riccardo Dom Gen 05 2014, 11:53

pluto ha scritto:@Riki: con il Medus butteresti nel ciess il tuo mitico volume  Laughing 

se me lo regali ok  Laughing 

ciao
    Riki
    colombo riccardo
    colombo riccardo
    Archivista Liquidatore

Messaggio Da colombo riccardo Dom Gen 05 2014, 12:10

pluto ha scritto:7) The MAN301 version 1.2.0 software will be out soon. Sorry for the long wait

è in ritardo  Avviso x i Weiss fans 57549 Avviso x i Weiss fans 81249 Avviso x i Weiss fans 650957 

ciao
    Riki
    colombo riccardo
    colombo riccardo
    Archivista Liquidatore

Messaggio Da colombo riccardo Dom Gen 05 2014, 13:14

pluto ha scritto:
    5) The PSU101 is the latest addition to our line. It is an analog power supply which replaces those standard wall type power supplies. It is very low noise with a discrete voltage regulator for high speed line and load regulation. The output voltage can be set to 6V, 7.5V, 9V or 12V. The output current may be up to 0.5A. Pricing is not yet set.

Avviso x i Weiss fans 1448iyt

ciao
    Riki
    pluto
    pluto
    Hi-End Member
    Hi-End Member

Messaggio Da pluto Dom Gen 05 2014, 13:21

Questo non saprei se vale la pena collegarlo a prodotti come 202 o Medea. Sicuramente meglio degli alimentatorini di plastica che talvolta si vedono.

Piuttosto hai visto l'interfaccia che legge anche i DSD? Questa la vorrei provare
    colombo riccardo
    colombo riccardo
    Archivista Liquidatore

Messaggio Da colombo riccardo Dom Gen 05 2014, 13:33

pluto ha scritto:Piuttosto hai visto l'interfaccia che legge anche i DSD? Questa la vorrei provare

l'avevo già vista

cosa dire al riguardo ?

fondamentalmente farei 4 critiche

1) manca il double wiring

2) manca il test del bit perfect

3) perchè usare ancora la usb 2.0 quando si può utilizzare la usb 3.0 ?

4) non c'è la possibilità di settare il gain per la conversione da dsd a pcm

sostanzialmente a parte il discorso del DSD è più completa la INT 202

ciao
    Riki
    Giordy60
    Giordy60
    Hi-End Member
    Hi-End Member

Numero di messaggi : 9723

Messaggio Da Giordy60 Mer Gen 08 2014, 23:31

sostanzialmente converte il DSD in PCM, quindi niente nativo. Avviso x i Weiss fans 917604 
    pluto
    pluto
    Hi-End Member
    Hi-End Member

Messaggio Da pluto Gio Gen 09 2014, 09:28

Giordy60 ha scritto:sostanzialmente converte il DSD in PCM, quindi niente nativo. Avviso x i Weiss fans 917604 

Allora me lo fa già Audirvana e pure bene. E pure più economicamente... Avviso x i Weiss fans 33910 
    Giordy60
    Giordy60
    Hi-End Member
    Hi-End Member

Numero di messaggi : 9723

Messaggio Da Giordy60 Gio Gen 09 2014, 11:29

pluto ha scritto:

Allora me lo fa già Audirvana e pure bene. E pure più economicamente... Avviso x i Weiss fans 33910 

magari l'accrocchio fà meglio la conversione, ma con quello che costa ......

La data/ora di oggi è Ven Mar 29 2024, 02:28