Gen-Ott 2012

realmassy
    Hi-End Member
    Hi-End Member

Numero di messaggi : 5514

Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 Empty Re: Gen-Ott 2012

Messaggio Da realmassy Gio Apr 19 2012, 20:08

axellone ha scritto:Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 Lee-morgan-tom-cat-15194741

Un grande Lee Morgan in un gruppo strepitoso, veramente un bel disco.. incisione non male per l'epoca..

GES + Stax SR009

Bel disco e grande tromba!
    realmassy
    realmassy
    Hi-End Member
    Hi-End Member

Messaggio Da realmassy Gio Apr 19 2012, 20:45

Non e' un CD, ma e' la radio. BBC 3 dal vivo

Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 B01g5zf7_640_360

Live from City Halls, Glasgow
    Presented by Jamie MacDougall
    The BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra with their Associate Guest Conductor Andrew Manze explore the world of Ralph Vaughan Williams. His two contrasting Symphonies - the perhaps biographical, but certainly angry, angular and disturbing Fourth Symphony is played against his warmly sunlit, poetic and English Fifth Symphony. Between the two great symphonies, the pastoral balm of his famous Lark Ascending - the songbird played by outstanding young violinist Jennifer Pike. To start the programme she plays some of the greatest solo violin music by J.S. Bach - who was adored by Vaughan Williams.
    J.S. Bach - Sonata for unaccompanied violin BWV 1001 *
    Vaughan Williams - Symphony No. 4
    Vaughan Williams - The Lark Ascending *
    8.30pm Music Interval
    Vaughan Williams - Symphony No. 5
    Jennifer Pike (violin) *
    BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
    Andrew Manze (conductor).

Hi-End Member
    Hi-End Member

Messaggio Da realmassy Gio Apr 19 2012, 22:07

Questo e' per Vito, vediamo se conosce questo disco, o magari gli viene voglia di comprarlo

Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 41gBumd1siL._SL500_AA300_

Vi riporto un po di recensioni:
    Gramophone ha scritto:
    I have to confess I hadn’t previously encountered the Trio Dali. My loss: this new set of Schubert’s piano trios is a real discovery from three young players with plenty to say and the most compelling manner of saying it.

Set alongside the Vienna Piano Trio’s somewhat staid account of the E flat (D929), this new one has a joyous sense of energy from the off. The recording is beautifully balanced, with the piano never unduly forward in the texture and a particular delight is the way the players meld Schubert’s countermelodies so sensitively. The way the Dali bring out the shy counterpoint at the reprise of the opening idea of the second movement (taken at an aptly flowing tempo here, à la Florestans and Capuçon/Braley trio) is just one instance among many. Their pacing is impressive too, not just here but in the B flat Trio (D898) as well: though there’s much engagement with the minutiae of the music, it’s never at the expense of a clear-headed view of the whole.

The B flat Trio is no less compelling, with plenty of air to the Scherzo – and almost as much visceral brilliance as Capuçon/Braley – and delicately nuanced string-playing that charms without ever losing purpose. Their perky rondo finale has a sense of playfulness sometimes missing from more traditional views of the work, the masterly Beaux Arts included.

The group’s name, incidentally, derives not from the surrealist painter Salvador Dalí but from Dali in south-west China, a city famed for its intricate marble carvings, the players being inspired by this thoughtful and unhurried creative process. It bodes well for their longevity.

We also get delicious performances of the Arpeggione Sonata and the C major Fantasie. If further persuasion were needed that this is a set that should live on your shelves, these provide it. I’m off to sample their previous Ravel disc now.

Fanfare ha scritto:
    Anyone who doubts the possibility of perfection in musical performance, prepare to have your doubts dispelled. Without hesitation, I hereby pronounce the Trio Dali’s performances of Schubert’s two great piano trios the most detailed, the most revealing, and the best I’ve ever heard—in a word, perfect.
    That I should find myself making such a pronouncement is doubly surprising, for (1) until I’d received this set, unsolicited, in the mail, I’d never heard of the Trio Dali; and (2) Schubert’s trios have been especially lucky on disc, especially the No. 2 in E♭-Major, two recordings of which made my Want Lists in two consecutive years: Christian and Tanja Tetzlaff with Lars Vogt in 2008 and the Icicle Creek Trio in 2009. More recently, I had words of praise for the Portici Trio in Fanfare 34:1.

Only one very recent entry from the Narziss and Goldmund Piano Trio in 34:6 earned my scorn for performing what I now believe to be the original, unrevised version of the score’s last movement, which prattles on for a disfigured 15 and a half minutes. But that was a mere misdemeanor compared to the herein documented Vienna Schubert Trio’s offense of stretching the movement out to a soul-sucking 20 and a half minutes, but more on that later. First, I wish to address these surpassingly beautiful performances by the Trio Dali.

Judging from the booklet’s group photo, the Trio Dali’s members—Vineta Sareika, violin; Christian-Pierre La Marca, cello; and Amandine Savary, piano—look like college preppies, yet this Brussels-based ensemble has been active for the better half of a decade; has been awarded numerous prestigious chamber music prizes; has toured Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, and the U.S.; and has made at least one prior recording I know of, a disc of works by Ravel, also for Fuga Libera.

Everything about the Trio Dali’s Schubert is carefully considered, thoughtfully judged, and exquisitely executed, from tempos, dynamics, phrasing, projection, and ensemble balance, to a beauty of tone that radiates with equal warmth from all the instruments. But there’s something more in these performances, something deeply communicative that cuts right to the bone, and it’s not always something you will find in the notes Schubert put down on the page. Everywhere, there are little expressive gestures that divulge new secrets about familiar passages. Listen, for example, in the first movement of the E♭-Major Trio to how the violin breaks the chord at measure 98, lending just that little bit of extra emphasis after the rest to Schubert’s sf marking.

Granted, this is just one very small point, but throughout the entire score, the Trio Dali probes with such heightened sensitivity of ear for the subtlest ripples in the vastness of the music’s space that places of void in other performances become filled with the twinkling of myriad stars.

The cello takes center stage to deliver the opening melody in the incomparably beautiful second movement of the same trio. No laissez faire execution taints the dotted-eighth tied to two 16ths in the second half of the fifth measure, played with refreshing exactitude by Christian-Pierre La Marca. The ensemble’s tempo is exactly right, just con moto enough to emphasize the movement’s tragic tread, but andante enough to allow breath for the rhythmic chant to mourn.

Needless to say, the Dali players take the first-movement exposition repeat, but thankfully not the excised repeat in the finale. It’s not their fault that even observing Schubert’s own well-advised cuts the movement still trundles on for 13:45. As Michel Stockhem notes in his excellent booklet essay, the finale “is inordinately long, to the point that Schubert made some consequential cuts in the development [some 100 bars in addition to eliminating the repeat—my editorial comment], generally respected nowadays.” To which I would add, too little too late. The thing is still too long by half, but the Trio Dali is to be commended for keeping one’s spirits up with playing that’s buoyant and upbeat. Time, of course, as Einstein told us, is relative, and any ensemble that can make this movement go by as quickly as the Dali seems to deserves a special award.

Everything I’ve said about the Dali’s E♭-Major Trio applies equally to its B♭-Major companion. This is just an exceptional ensemble that plays with a refinement and interpretive insight that rise above the virtues of even the best piano trios I’ve extolled in these pages. And if it were not enough that these performances of Schubert’s trios were of such perfection, each disc in the set is complemented by an equally delectable performance of a Schubert duo featuring the Dali’s string players in a solo capacity with the ensemble’s outstanding pianist, Amandine Savary. Cellist La Marca joins Savary on disc 1 in Schubert’s wonderfully melodious Arpeggione Sonata, while violinist Vineta Sareika teams up with Savary for a jolly good run through the composer’s C-Major Fantasy for violin and piano on disc 2. Add to this a recording that is alive with electrical sparks and a beautifully appointed multilingual booklet, and you have not just one of my last-minute 2011 Want List entries, but my pick for chamber music release of the year.

Musicweb ha scritto:
    Trio Dali have followed their earlier recording of Ravel with a new recording of the Schubert Piano Trios. With these they have included the Arpeggione sonata, D. 821, and the C major Fantaisie, D. 934, works that allow the string players to show off their solo wares. Combining these less well known works with Schubert’s two masterpieces of the form works well both in varying the program, and in making the achievements of the trios even more evident.

The Schubert Piano Trios are late works. They date from 1827, the year that also saw the composition of the song-cycle Winterreise, the Impromptus for piano and the Fantaisie for piano and violin, included in this set. The first trio is the more classical of the two. The second trio is somewhat reminiscent of Beethoven’s Archduke trio in its almost symphonic dimensions and thematic richness; the Olympian simplicity of Beethoven’s work also has an echo in this trio. Schubert wrote them for the Schuppanzigh-Linke-Bocklet trio, members of which had given the premieres of most of the Beethoven string quartets and trios. This was obviously a distinguished group, and the Schubert trios are works that require a virtuoso ensemble.

Trio Dali opens their account somewhat unexpectedly with the second trio. One notices immediately their care in avoiding heftiness when playing chords; where other trios land heavily on the double stops, the Dali players integrate them smoothly into the cadences. The dynamics are carefully graduated throughout the phrases. The long climaxes are approached strategically; the ensemble doesn’t hit its straps too soon, leaving it playing flat out for long periods. The tempo is extremely well chosen, with a pulse that never flags; rhythms are nicely pointed, and the sound sparkles. The second movement features a sensitively shaped cello solo, which is not played too legato. The passionate climaxes are again very well built up, and the return of the theme at the end over ghostly pizzicatos is superbly managed. The Scherzando is not taken too fast, but has a gentle, quite pastoral approach. The trio is more bucolic with fine spiccato playing from the violin. The finale is gracefully played; the ornamentation is not unduly emphasised. The interplay between the string players is beautifully done, and the piano never overpowers their contributions. There is a delightful accuracy about the playing; rests, for example, are always given their full value. However there is never anything pedantic or finicky about it. There is a consistent sense of discovery and freshness about the music-making. This is a really well thought through and beautifully realised performance.

The Beaux Arts Trio recorded the Schubert trios in the 1960s. The recording is closer than the Dali set, and the pizzicatos come across more clearly; there is the occasional sound of a bow stick on the strings. The Beaux Arts are distinctly quicker in the first movement (12:38 versus 16:11), and about a minute faster in the Finale. The string players tend to come down more heavily on the chords; the performance has abundant warmth, but sounds a little unrefined after Trio Dali.

The first disc of this set concludes with a performance of the Arpeggione sonata D. 821, played by the trio’s cellist Christian-Pierre La Marca. This work was originally written for the arpeggione, a hybrid instrument that was a cross between a cello and a guitar. It is a pleasant and melodic but rather meandering work in three movements. La Marca gives a performance that easily surmounts its technical demands. He is a relaxed-sounding player; his sound is not large, but it is produced without apparent effort. La Marca’s intonation is immaculate and his playing is extremely clean, with very few expressive slides. He shapes the abundant melodies carefully, with well contoured dynamics. The fast arpeggios and repeated notes in the finale are done with great clarity and neatness. Only the penultimate chord sounds a little abrupt. He is sensitively accompanied by the trio’s pianist Amandine Savary.

Mstislav Rostropovich’s 1968 recording of this work accompanied by Benjamin Britten is a classic. Rostropovich and Britten slow more markedly than La Marca and Savary; they take 13:34 for the first movement, as against 11:29. Their performance is more dramatic in character compared to La Marca’s, which has a classical restraint. Rostropovich’s sound is characteristically generous, and the pizzicatos come across more clearly. He plays this work with a relaxed charm, and Britten’s accompaniment fits like a glove. This recording has been re-issued in the Decca Legends series (460 974-2) together with the Schumann Five pieces in folk style and the Debussy Sonata. La Marca and Savary stand up well to this comparison, however, and the placement of the work after the trio allows one to relax after the more strenuous pages of D.898.

The second disc in the Trio Dali set contains the first Piano Trio and the violin Fantaisie. The Trio opens in ebullient fashion, with more sensitive interplay between the strings. Their approach seems a little more vigorous in this Trio than in the second. The pulse is well maintained, as before, but the violinist’s tone becomes unattractive over forte. La Marca judges the cello tune in the second movement to perfection, avoiding sentimental slides. The third movement has a measured pace, but the rhythm is alert and the dynamics are carefully shaped. The nostalgic trio fades away beautifully to a thread. The finale is genial, with some delightful off-bow playing from the violinist. Trio Dali gets a lot of things right in this performance, but it is not quite as well controlled as their account of the second Trio.

The Beaux Arts Trio is again faster in the first movement, by a whopping four minutes (10:38 as against 14:35). The timings for the rest of the movements were a lot closer, differing only by a few seconds. After Trio Dali they again sound lacking in finesse, particularly as regards their dynamic shaping. The pianist Menahem Pressler seems to dominate his ensemble more than Amandine Savary does hers.

The disc concludes with the Fantaisie in C major for violin and piano, D 934. This is an exploratory, rather uneven work in four movements. The first movement is particularly attractive, with the violinist stealing in over a shimmering accompaniment. This and the third movements recall the atmosphere of the Notturno for piano trio, which was probably intended to be the slow movement of the first Trio. The faster second and fourth movements require considerable agility from the violinist. The work is very adeptly played by Vineita Sareika, and Amandine Savary again provides a discreet and unselfish accompaniment.

Trio Dali’s performance of the second Schubert Piano Trio sets a new standard for sensitive and refined ensemble playing in this repertoire. At the same time their playing remains lively and expressive. The performance of the first Trio falls a little below this standard, but they make up for this with enjoyable readings of the Arpeggione and Violin Fantaisie. The recording isn’t too close and there is a good balance between the piano and the string instruments.

Bellissimo disco, e per quanto mi riguarda il Trio D.929 (splendido, splendido) lo preferisco alla versione del Beaux.

Vip Member
    Vip Member

Numero di messaggi : 3915

Messaggio Da archigius Ven Apr 20 2012, 16:15

Porcupine Tree - Fear of blank planet

Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 Porcupinetreeart1

Semplicemente fantastici, e con l'HD800 è come stare lì, suono molto molto live!

Sorgenti:  Digitube S-192, Chord MoJo, Cayin i5, Fiio X3 II Ampli: Violectric V200, Woo Audio 6 SE, Fiio E12 - Cuffie: Hifiman HE-1000, Oppo PM-3, Denon AH-D5000, Bose AE2, Koss KSC-75, Westone W60
    PARLAPA'
    PARLAPA'
    Hi-End Member
    Hi-End Member

Numero di messaggi : 5155

Messaggio Da PARLAPA' Ven Apr 20 2012, 16:41

applausi applausi applausi applausi applausi

Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 972395 Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 972395 Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 972395 Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 972395 Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 972395

Hi-End Member
    Hi-End Member

Numero di messaggi : 8062

Messaggio Da madmax Ven Apr 20 2012, 17:39

Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 154j3i8

Dei reduci degli anni 80 ....meritano più attenzione

Lector 07TL MKIII/Woo Audio WA5-LE 300B/Sennheiser HD800

Vip Member
    Vip Member

Messaggio Da archigius Ven Apr 20 2012, 18:55

SCORPIONS - MOMENT OF GLORY

Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 60437315

Sennheiser HD800

Per favore qualcuno venga a togliermi questa dannata cuffia dalla testa, crea dipendenza, è una droga! affraid Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 921419 Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 921419 Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 921419
    Suona molto meglio di quanto ricordassi dai test e si sposa molto bene col mio setup.

Sorgenti:  Digitube S-192, Chord MoJo, Cayin i5, Fiio X3 II Ampli: Violectric V200, Woo Audio 6 SE, Fiio E12 - Cuffie: Hifiman HE-1000, Oppo PM-3, Denon AH-D5000, Bose AE2, Koss KSC-75, Westone W60
    archigius
    archigius
    Vip Member
    Vip Member

Messaggio Da archigius Ven Apr 20 2012, 21:35

Scoperto per caso passando alla Feltrinelli, sono stato molto attratto dalla copertina:

Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 L

Testi deliranti e atmosfere dilatate, mi piace!

realmassy
    realmassy
    Hi-End Member
    Hi-End Member

Messaggio Da realmassy Ven Apr 20 2012, 21:45

Giornata che non finisce mai oggi...sono in ferie e non ci sono piu' abituato!!

Ora mi godo questo disco
    Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 41LI3i-n1ML._SL500_AA300_

Non avevo mai sentito le sonate per violino di Mozart, per ora 🆗

Numero di messaggi : 614

Messaggio Da Rob Ven Apr 20 2012, 22:26

archigius ha scritto:Scoperto per caso passando alla Feltrinelli, sono stato molto attratto dalla copertina:

Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 L

Testi deliranti e atmosfere dilatate, mi piace!

Li ho visti un paio di volte dal vivo dove secondo me le canzoni hanno più ritmo e lasciano veramente il segno e offrono un impatto molto forte dal punto di vista emotivo...
    Ti consiglio questo che è il secondo album a mioavviso migliore del precedente acquistato da te sunny

Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 Newalb10

E un brano intitolato le petroliere sunny

SOCRATE 470 A.C. - 399 A.C.
    Pazzoperilpianoforte
    Pazzoperilpianoforte
    Suonologo
    Suonologo

Numero di messaggi : 5578

Messaggio Da Pazzoperilpianoforte Ven Apr 20 2012, 23:51

realmassy ha scritto:Giornata che non finisce mai oggi...sono in ferie e non ci sono piu' abituato!!

Ora mi godo questo disco
    Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 41LI3i-n1ML._SL500_AA300_

Non avevo mai sentito le sonate per violino di Mozart, per ora 🆗

Se ben eseguite sono splendide dalla k.301 in poi...

Ne esistono varie splendide esecuzioni... questa non la conosco...

Come non conosco quel disco di Schubert che ci hai proposto con i trii....

... ci faccio un pensierino... Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 939343

oppure
    Graaf GM-50 rivalvolato Telefunken/Valvo Amburgo/EI KT90 + ProAc D 25
    ... e tantissima musica!
    madmax
    madmax
    Hi-End Member
    Hi-End Member

Messaggio Da madmax Sab Apr 21 2012, 12:01

Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 2rdamhj

Musicista di classe in una riuscita raccolta di cover

McIntosh MCD301/Megahertz Peyote/Grado PS1000

Hi-End Member
    Hi-End Member

Messaggio Da madmax Sab Apr 21 2012, 15:20

Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 Wjaw4w

Affascinante applausi applausi

McIntosh MCD301/Megahertz Peyote/Grado PS1000...l'ultima arrivata in questo setup comincia a piacermi,mai sentita tanta dinamica in cuffia Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 921419 Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 588790

Vip Member
    Vip Member

Numero di messaggi : 2841

Messaggio Da [OverDrive] Sab Apr 21 2012, 15:22

Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 Cover66

K1000 Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 456861

DAC Soncoz SGD1 -120dB SINAD
    Cavo Segnale Airtech Alfa XLR 
    Cavo Alimentazione Airtech EVO Light
    Ampli Cuffia Topping A90 -121dB SINAD - Little Dot MK6+
    Cuffia HiFiMan ARYA rev.2 EQ Oratory1990
    Studio Monitor Attivi Behringer TRUTH B1031A
    realmassy
    realmassy
    Hi-End Member
    Hi-End Member

Messaggio Da realmassy Sab Apr 21 2012, 15:56

Sto ascoltando questi due dischi, quasi in contemporanea:

Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 51rtp9uiasL._SL500_AA300_

Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 51hp7PEOL6L._SL500_AA300_

In particolare il quartetto Op. 25.
    Questo lavoro non mi lascia mai indifferente, ma c'e' sempre qualcosa che non mi convince a pieno...e poi e' uno di quelle opere di Brahms che mi mette ansia, non so come chiamarla diversamente.

L'interpretazione del Trio Wanderer e' particolarmente drammatica, ricca di pathos e di dinamica, forse il Leopold String Trio e' piu' minimalista.
    Mi convince di piu' la seconda, ma ogni occasione e' buona per riascoltarlo un'altra volta!

Hi-End Member
    Hi-End Member

Messaggio Da madmax Sab Apr 21 2012, 16:05

Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 15cyjd0

McIntosh MCD301/Megahertz Peyote/Grado PS1000

Vip Member
    Vip Member

Messaggio Da archigius Sab Apr 21 2012, 20:51

Dopo 2-3 giorni di rock a tutto spiano, stasera ascolti un po' più rilassati:

Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 51z5eyNzJhL._SS400_

axellone
    axellone
    Vip Member
    Vip Member

Numero di messaggi : 2114

Messaggio Da axellone Sab Apr 21 2012, 20:52

Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 Fr011mh

WooAudio GES - Stax SR009

applausi

Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 456861

axellone
    Vip Member
    Vip Member

Numero di messaggi : 2114

Messaggio Da axellone Sab Apr 21 2012, 21:31

In questo video si vede l'utilizzo di cuffie Stax e Sennheiser..

archigius
    Vip Member
    Vip Member

Messaggio Da archigius Dom Apr 22 2012, 00:28

Uno dei generi musicali che non ascolto quasi mai, ma questo disco non è malaccio, più per le ballate che per i pezzi funky:

madmax
    madmax
    Hi-End Member
    Hi-End Member

Messaggio Da madmax Dom Apr 22 2012, 17:07

Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 Xqaxxi

Lector 07TL MKIII/Woo Audio WA5-LE 300B/Sennheiser HD800

Vip Member
    Vip Member

Messaggio Da [OverDrive] Dom Apr 22 2012, 21:21

24bit/88.2Khz
    Gen-Ott 2012 - Pagina 16 Cover67

K501 da molto che non ascolto questa splendida cuffia..

DAC Soncoz SGD1 -120dB SINAD
    Cavo Segnale Airtech Alfa XLR 
    Cavo Alimentazione Airtech EVO Light
    Ampli Cuffia Topping A90 -121dB SINAD - Little Dot MK6+
    Cuffia HiFiMan ARYA rev.2 EQ Oratory1990
    Studio Monitor Attivi Behringer TRUTH B1031A
    [OverDrive]
    [OverDrive]
    Vip Member
    Vip Member